Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Platinum Sports Investing Blog - Wednesday

Ok a nice easy winner last night with the Avalanche...just the
way we like it.

Today we have no plays on this blog as I have tested out this
system and the optimal way to play with the labourchere is to
play games 1 and 2.  Since we aren't chasing there is no need
for us to bother with game 3 Minnesota so today there are no
plays.

I do want to take a moment to answer some of the questions
that have come in and how I would handle certain situations.
First, my unit calculations were off.  Going into yesterday we
should have been at 6.1 instead of 7.25.  I wasn't actually
doing the math but I was going by the balance in my NHL account
so somehow I'm a unit ahead but after yesterdays win 9.1 is the
accurate figure.

Second, I've received a few emails and comments on what to do
if you have lines like this

X-X-10-X-X
X-10-10-10-20

You have a few options here.  Often WHAT I DO is when I
have one number remaining on my line I just "clear" the line and
start it fresh.   OR what you could do is "borrow" 10 from your
line 2 and make your lines like this:

X-X-10-10-X
X-10-10-10-10

Either way will work.  Don't stress out about lines...the Labourchere
is a money managment TOOL to help you get from A to B.

Have a good day off even though I know some of you will probably
still be playing game 3 with Minnesota.   Anyone who's chasing
double good luck and I hope you stop chasing because if you look
back at each season there are approx 7 losses each year which would
make it impossible to be profitable by chasing but I know some
of you will have to learn the hard way so good luck to you.

NHL 2009 - 2010 ( +9.1 Units)


Line 1: X-15-15-X-X
Line 2: 15-15-15-15-40-45

Today there are no plays.

To Your Success,

Tod Wilkinson

No comments: