Friday, October 9, 2009

Platinum Sports Invesing Blog - Friday

A very solid day for us yesterday nearly going a perfect
5-0 but only the Minnesota Wild could make the Kings
look good :)

First off I want to thank those of you who have emailed
me about this blog and I'm glad you all like it.  Second
a few of you wanted to make a donation and I very much
appreciate that as well.   I've added a little "donations"
box on the right for those of you who are interested and
have inquired.   Again, Thank you.

Today we have a day off so enjoy it and we'll be back
in action tomorrow with some NCAA football
thoughts and more NHL

NHL 2009 - 2010 ( +8.1 Units)

Line 1: 15-15-15-35
Line 2: 15-15-15-15-40

No plays today.


To Your Success,

Tod Wilkinson

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi

Great Blog..

Could you explain the way you came up with the Labourche lines after the 5 games...

With only 1 loss..why is their a different amount on line 1 and a different amount on line 2...also how is the 4 wins reflected in Line 1....

was Line 1 cleared one time in this instance?

thanks

PSIC said...

Basically what I do is cross off my winners which would clear line 1 2 times or lines 1 and 2 once. Then I add back in my losing wagers. Splitting half on line 1 and half on line 2. Acutally I did make a mistake and the lines should be

L1: 15-15-15-15-35

L2: 15-15-15-15-40

The 35 and 40 represents the total 75 dollar loss for our 1 losing wager.

Being the first to bring the Labourchere to the betting world and having used it for many years now I've learned to be a little less rigid and remember it's a money management TOOL designed to help us so you may see me throughout the season flipping numbers from line 1 to 2 and back but I promise i'll always work the lines in the best interest of all of you following along...Tod

Unknown said...

Tod

How are you determining Units now that we are going from a $20 base to a $30 base Unit...is that + 8.1 units based on $20 0r $30

also...in this 5 game instance, seeing that we have cleared Line 1 TWICE..would that normally mean we should increase the size of the Line 1 base unit?

and just so I can understand..

on a line of 10-10-10-10

if we won 2 games and lost 2 games..

how would the line look?..

If you take off your wins first before you ADD losses...would this example then mean we " cleared' the line cause of the 2 wins? even though, we also lost 2 games ( whick I understand would be split up now between Line 1 and Line 2..

Thanks a lot for your help on these questions....