Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Platinum Sports Investing Blog - Tuesday

Hello boys and girls we are back with some NHL action
today.

First I want to take a moment to explain the unit calculation.
If  you were doing a martingale or a chase plan on this NHL and
20 was your base starting point like ours was on this blog, you would
probably not have a chance to raise that much during the year
because you always have to fear the "GAME 3".  One of the
greatest features of the Labourchere that is often overlooked is
the fact that we CAN raise our bets without that fear.

So when comparing apples to apples....when we raise our wager
from 20 to 30, it's not fair to the labourchere to have to raise your
base unit of evaluation.   If you go through the whole season and
stay at 20 base unit and make 50 units....you'd make $1000 for the
season.  Well with our Labourchere...if you start the season at
a $20 wager and end the season at a $60 wager if you make the
same 50 units...we will make more than DOUBLE the person
who just stayed at $20.   So when I calculate units it's all based
on our $20 starting unit.  The fact that we can safely raise our
bet shouldn't be a penalty to us but a bonus.  So right now at a
base bet of $30 our wins and losses are = to 1.5 units.   By keeping
our units in this manner you will get a TRUE feel at the end of the
season why the Labourchere will kick the shit out of anyone who
thinks they are going to do this NHL progam and chase.  There will
be losses...(about 8 every year) and the 3 game chasers will be busted where
we will continue to work on games 1 and 2 and make 70-80 or more
units laughing all the way to the bank!

NHL 2009 - 2010 ( +7.25 Units)


Line 1: X-15-15-15-45
Line 2: 15-15-15-15-40-45

On the game 1 line risk 150 to win 60 on Colorado +1.5 -250

To Your Success,

Tod Wilkinson

5 comments:

desrat said...

I assume this is for Wed. game against the Rangers.

PSIC said...

acutally no...for some reason my edit didn't take the first time and should be Colorado +1.5 for tonight

bobbytoad said...

i have a quick question...
before the minnesota loss, you started the day at 8.1 units,which is $162 ($20/unit).
162-90 on minny loss, gives us 72.
72+50 for LA kings win = 122.00
122.00/20 = 6.1 units.

Maybe i'm missing something,could you explain? i've followed this method for quite some time, and i really appreciate you posting this blog and really walk us through your money management methods.
I'm trying to tail your post and unit attachment exactly...so i'm wondering maybe i messed up somewhere.
Thanks.

Nice hit on the Avs game today...which i somehow missed.

PSIC said...

I understand what you're saying honestly, I just go by what I have in my hockey account because i don't really have the time to spend calculating to the penny but I'll make the change as i believe that your right. Like I said, I'm ot sure how I have an extra 1.1 units in my NHL account but I'll take it anyway.

Tod

bobbytoad said...

That's cool Psic.
Also another question...
when you have a line of

gm1 X-X-10-X
gm2 10-10-10-10

does that count as a cleared line for gm1?

What about when you have
gm1 x-x-10-x
gm2 10-10-10-10-15
I'm wondering, as I notice we don't have to litterally clear the entire line to count.

What are some of the guidelines we can follow regarding line clearing?

Thanks again for your effort and time.