Saturday, June 11, 2011

Platinum Sports Investing Blog - Saturday

BELMONT DAY!!


Hello everyone it's Belmont day and everyone wants to
know if Animal Kingdom or Shackelford will win.

Not Me. I'm disappointed that we have no shot for a
triple crown winner which racing desperately needs but
beyond that Animal Kingdom and Shackelford are bad bets
from a payoff standpoint.

So what do you do with a race like the Belmont? Well
normally I'd pass that race so fast and not even think
twice, however, it is Belmont day and if there is one
thing for certain, this race can fetch some real interesting
prices so here is my suggestion.

I'll say upfront that you're probably going to lose. I'm not
really betting this race "TO WIN" per say but rather I'm
trying to take an educated....speculative approach to the
race.

Everyone thinks Animal Kingdom has the breeding to get the
Mile and a half, and that shackelford does not. I"m throwing
both of them out.

My win bet on the Belmont is #5 Brilliant Speed. His final
fraction at the Bluegrass was one of the best I've EVER seen
and I looked at the tape from the derby and he just had a
miserable trip so I'll excuse that and take my chances that
when push comes to shove he can outclose Animal Kingdom.

Then I'm going to look at the following 6 horses:

5 Brilliant Speed
6 Nehro
7 Monzon
9 Animal Kingdom
10 Mucho Macho Man
12 Shackleford

I'm going to check the EXACTA payouts at 5 minutes to post and I'm going
to play the 10-15 biggest paying combinations between the 6 horses I have
listed above. So I'll invest maybe
$30 in the exacta to hit a $200-$500 exacta.

I hope you all have a great day.


To Your Success,

Tod Wilkinson

No comments: