Friday, March 18, 2011

Platinum Sports Investing Blog - Friday

Hello Everyone,


I'm sorry we've been so silent on the blog but we're kind of in
between. NBA and NHL are winding their regular seasons down and
MLB has yet to start. For MLB there will be something here...I just
haven't decided what as I'm experimenting with a lot of different angles.

Today I come to you seeking your input. As many of you know I'm working
with a computer programmer who is building a Labourchere calculator. It's
very exciting.

Some of the best things that it should be able to do is for your research.
Let's say you want to test and see if you played the NBA East / West system and didn't
buy any points...how would you come out using the Labourchere. With this calculator
you can enter in a whole seasons worth of data and it will tell you if you would
have made money or not using the labourchere.

Also, for those of you who may be confused by the entire labourchere idea...
this calculator will do all the work for you.....enter your starting numbers for
your lines (up to 3 lines) ..then simply enter the results each day and your
labourchere calculater will tell you what to bet.

One NOTE about the labourchere....please please please remember that its a money
management guideline. You don't have to follow it to the "T" be flexible...everyone
spends so much time looking for automatic or robotic (non thinking) methods for sports
betting......USE YOUR BRAINS!

For example...you're a small player and you have a line of: 10-10-10-10 so your base
wager is $20. Let's suppose you lose your first 4 bets so your line technically would
change like this.

10-10-10-10-20
10-10-10-10-20-30
10-10-10-10-20-30-40
10-10-10-10-20-30-40-50

In this case you've already lost $140 and you're already betting 3 times your base wager.
THATS TOO MUCH. The Labourchere gets a bad rap sometimes because I swear people that use
it all go get a frontal lobotomy and don't THINK.

Those of you who are PSIC members or part of various other programs will notice that I now put
what I call CEILINGS on my labourchere wagers. I TRY NOT TO EXCEED 2 times my base wager...
so let me give you an example of how I might make my line using the above 4 consecutive loss scenario.....

10-10-10-10-20
10-10-10-10-20-30
10-10-10-10-20-20-20-30
10-10-10-10-20-20-20-20-20-30

Now I know what people are going to say.....you've stretched the lines out and now it's
going to take more time to clear them......SO WHAT! IF YOU'RE IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL
AND YOU HAVE A GOOD SYSTEM YOU'RE USING THE ONLY WAY YOU WON'T SUCCEED IS IF YOU BLOW OUT
YOUR BANKROLL. Think Think Think...use your brain....So this NBA season you make 70 units
instead of 100 because you stretched your lines...big deal..for most of you ...it would have
been ZERO units because you'd have out bet your bankroll. Stretch your lines, chop numbers in half....do whatever you need to do to STAY IN THE GAME.

Ok, so now you know....the labourchere is a TOOL to use to benefit yourself. so now I need to hear from you......

While this labourchere calculator is in the final stages of development we want to hear from you what type of functions or things would you like it to be able to do.

I appreciate all input so don't hesitate to shoot me an email as we are trying to have it available for MLB 2011.


To Your Success,

Tod Wilkinson

No comments: